|Welcome to the Forums|
These newsgroups are the core of the Track-Link community, I hope that you find them to be a useful and interesting place to exchange ideas and information.
Server Time: Jun 19, 11:17 (PDT)
|General||Jun 19 - 10:47|
|Industry News||Jun 19 - 09:20|
|Shows & Clubs||Jun 7 - 19:02|
|Articles||Apr 2 - 19:07|
|Build Logs||Jun 19 - 09:41|
|Workbench||Jun 18 - 13:38|
|Members||Jun 9 - 08:49|
|Reviews||Jun 18 - 09:20|
|Gallery||Jun 19 - 10:35|
|Contests / Group Builds||Jun 13 - 11:35|
|Kits||Jun 18 - 19:04|
|Construction||Jun 7 - 16:21|
|Finishing||Jun 17 - 07:51|
|Figures||Jun 14 - 14:54|
|Dioramas||May 29 - 20:27|
|1-48th Scale||Jun 4 - 12:42|
|Small Scale||Jun 13 - 12:27|
|WW2||Jun 19 - 01:46|
|Post WW2||Jun 17 - 22:08|
|Pre WW2||May 15 - 15:12|
|Buy & Sell||Jun 19 - 06:16|
|Contests and Group Builds|
|For the site's Contest announcements, discussions and entrants.||
Thanks to Paul and the regulars here at Track-Link, we will have a PzKpfw IV contest starting 1 September 2012 and concluding on 31 December 2012, as envisioned by Bill Bradley last spring. The rules will follow those of Bill's PzKpfw III contest with a few modifications to reflect how I like to do things. I strongly encourage ALL our community to participate - Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, island nations, and Australia - your country of origin should not hinder you from receiving encouragement and praise, or aspiring to a prize.
1. Any vehicle based on the PzKpfw IV or III/IV chassis. This includes the entire series of PzKpfw IV main battle tanks, PzJgr IV, Heuschrecke, Brückenleger IV, Bergepanzer IV, Nashorn/Hornisse, Hummel, munitions carriers, Möbelwagen, Wirbelwind, &c. Tamiya, Dragon/DML. Trumpeter, Monogram, Gasoline, &c. all qualify. If it has the typical PzKpfw IV bogey units, it qualifies.
2. 1/48, 1/35, and 1/32 scales only.
3. The entry must not be started before 1 September 2012.
4. One figure must be included to provide a human element and sense of scale. Additional figures can be used, but the modeler is reminded (i. e. strongly warned!) that additional figures take additional time and can stand in the way of finishing.
5. A base and nameplate are required, but the modeler is reminded (i. e., strongly warned!) that a base is no more of a diorama than the modeler chooses to make it, and complex scenes take additional time and can stand in the way of finishing. The model and figure must be attached to the base for final photography, but they may be removable. The average computer/printer can make a more than adequate nameplate from card stock or photo paper.
6. Your project and regular updates must be posted in the Contest section of the Forum using the following title style:
'Pz IV Contest - common designation of vehicle being modeled - your personal name followed by family name.' Please keep these posts in a consistent vertical pattern by responding to your original post.
7. Your entry is not officially complete until it is posted in the Gallery. This posting may be made beginning on 12:01 a.m. (00:01) 29 December 2012, and your posting must be made no later than 11:59 p.m. (23:59), 31 December 2012 according to the Gallery’s time and date stamp. It is the modeler’s responsibility to join the Track-Link community and learn how to post to the Gallery. Join during the first month so there are no problems just before the deadline. Please join using an e-mail address that you check regularly for messages. Exceptions will be made only if Paul runs into problems with TL-6 that complicate posting.
8. Modelers are urged to enter only once and to complete that entry, but multiple entries are allowed. Multiple entries should be posted as separate topics.
9. All modelers who finish will be judges for all finished entries except their own. Each modeler will provide a "1 through n" ranking of the other finished entries according to his best judgment. The following criteria should be considered:
a. Frequency and quality of progress updates. Photos made to the best of each modeler's ability are important, but occasional text-only posts are acceptable when written in sufficient detail as long as most posts contain photos. Standard English is preferred; Google Translate to English is acceptable.
b. Accuracy of part alignment and neatness of construction, including seam filling and applying decals.
c. Quality of painting and realistic appearance of weathering.
d. Having the figure relate to the vehicle rather than just standing around.
e. Going beyond the ordinary, making a special effort, or creating a “wow” impression. This is meant to show the modeler's skills; not require after-market additions.
10. I reserve the right to break ties or over-rule the finisher-judges.
11. I reserve the right to add additional annoying rules at any time.
12. Prizes are: First Place $100, Second Place $75, and Third Place $50 US or their equivalent in the winner's local currency. Each prize will be paid to the winner’s PayPal account that matches the email address listed in #8 above - it is the modeler’s responsibility to ensure that they match - or to a vendor of the modeler's choosing as long as that vendor has a web site, accepts PayPal or VISA, and can conduct business in English.
13. In all of the above masculine pronouns also include their female equivalents. It would be great to have a female enter.
Let's make this the biggest contest ever at Track-Link! Please contact me here or directly if you have any questions. I can promise you that I will read every post every day as long as my internet connections and health allow. The T-L community will, as it has done in the past, do everything possible to help you succeed in completing a model you will be proud to have finished!
Christopher C Tew